An overview of Malahide Castle, Gardens & Demesne
- Located within 9 km of Dublin Airport, 15 km from Dublin Port, 4 km from the M1 leading to the M50 and within walking distance of Malahide Dart station
- Benefits from excellent tourist transport links including private coach tours and Dublin Bus coastal tours
- Modern kids playground, suitable for kids of all ages. The playground is laid out so that the area for smaller children is separated from the area for older children.
- The Demesne features a 9 hole par 3 Golf Course, an 18 hole pitch & Putt Course, tennis courts and basket ball courts. There are playing fields for soccer, rugby and gaelic, plus a cricket ground, currently being redeveloped to an international standard level. There are also exercise trails and a boules area.
- 800 year old castle dating from 1185 which was home to the Talbot family
- Older than Bunratty Castle in Clare and similar in age to Kilkenny castle
- Established for over 35 years as a visitor attraction
- Situated close to the Irish sea within 250 acres of parkland and gardens on the East Coast of Ireland, a short distance from Dublin City.
- The Talbot Gardens were created by Lord Milo Talbot after 1948, and display almost 5,000 species in its plant collection, including a fine collection of Australasian and Chilean plants
- The most important plant collection of its type in the British Isles after Kew Gardens in London
- The Castle is furnished with antiques from the era and an extensive collection of Irish portrait paintings, mainly from the National Gallery of Ireland
Read more on the bright future for Malahide Castle.